Suchipakari + Yasuni | Trip to the Amazon Jungle
5 Days 4 Nights
Price per Person - $810 USD
Highlights of the Amazon Tour
- Jungle hike with waterfall and caves (Huasquila)
- Rafting in Jatunyacu River (Tena)
- Jungle hike in Yasuni National Park Yasuni
- Parrot clay lick (Yasuni)
- Kichwa Community (Yasuni)
- Guayusa, dancing, rituals
Day 1 - Departure from Quito
Pick up from your hotel or Quito airport in a private car.
Our first stop will be in Termas Papallacta is a Hot Springs Spa and Resort located in a magical High Andes landscape. More than a destination, it is an integral holistic experience that will awake all your senses for discover the beauty of nature and the healing properties of mineral hot springs!
After the Lunch, stop will be in a magical place, surrounded by beautiful mountains and vegetation, where you will see 14 types of hummingbirds in just one hour. Transfer to Suchipakari Amazon Eco-Lodge for a welcome cocktail and Dinner.
Day 2 - Whitewater Rafting
After breakfast, we will go to Jatun Yaku River to prepare for our 25 km Whitewater Rafting adventure (approx. 4 hours). This activity includes: training, all equipment, and River Buffet lunch box. Return to the lodge. Dinner at 7pm in the Amazon Lodge.
*This activity can be substituted for another Suchipakari activity.
Day 3 - Sumak Allpa Biodiversity Center
Early Breakfast and transfer to “El Coca City” (approx 4 hours). Where we navigate on the Napo River to the “Sumak Allpa Environmental Education and Biodiversity Management Center”.
- Introducing environmental information.
- Walk in the forest to encounter the different primate species of the island.
- Cultural activities (spear, blowpipe…).
- Night walk
Day 4 - Limoncocha Biological Reserve
After the traditional Guayusa-tea ceremony & Breakfast we continue our trip on the Napo River for 1 hour to Pompeya and to the “Limoncocha Biological Reserve”.
- By boat we explore the shore of the lagoon, and its flora and fauna.
- 2-3 hours hike in the forest where we pass one of the most amazing and giant Kapok trees of the Amazon region.
- In the afternoon navigation and bird watching on the lagoon, where you will enjoy an incredible sunset on the beaches of natural islands
- At night caiman spotting on the lagoon.
Day 5 - Yasuni National Park
Very early departure back to the Napo River and by canoe 1.5 hours to the “Yasuní National Park”.
- Visit of the clay licks of parakeets and parrots.
- Cultural activities of the kichwa community of Añangu.
- Walk in the “Yasuní National Park”.
- Visit of the Interpretation Center “Yaku Kawsay”.
- Return and End of the Tour in Coca City (3 hours boat drive).
Optional: Flight to Quito
What to bring?
To reach your destination in the Ecuadorian Amazon you will use a variety of transport including an airplane, buses and canoes. It is imperative that you pack light and limit your luggage to the basic minimum listed below for a 7 day trip). Store any unnecessary luggage at your hotel in Quito or back home. It is better to use a backpack. Make sure your suitcase or backpack is working properly, that everything fits and that it is easy to transport. Remember to put everything you take inside dry bags or good plastic bags, to protect them from rain and the river.
When staying at a jungle lodge or taking an Amazon cruise, you will need to take a torch (flashlight), insect repellent, protection against the sun and a rain poncho. Rubber boots are usually provided, but very large sizes may not be available so make sure you ask in advance.