To make the most of SuchiPakari, here are some tips of what a good explorer should bring to the Amazon.
- Passport and color copy
- ash in small denominations for bar services, tips or souvenirs (Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the Lodge)
- Personal medication to last for the duration of your trip
- Sunhat + Sunblock Sunglasses
- Walking shoes/sneakers + waterproof sandals such as Tevas or keens
- Socks: we recommend tall socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Two pairs per day are ideal.
- Light-weight, earth- or dark-coloured, long-sleeved shirts and t-shirts
- Light-weight quick-dry hiking pants Goretex jacket
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars (waterproof) + Backpack Headlamp (or Flashlight) + Extra batteries.
- Inexpensive magnifying glass (optional)
- Personal first aid kit Camera + Dry bags
- Rubber Boots supplied at the lodge. Available sizes 5 to 10½
- Comfortable Luggage for walking
DO NOT BRING FOOD of any kind: Food attracts ants and other critters to your room