Combined Tours the Andes to the Jungle, Ecuador
Activities: Mountain Biking, Kayak, Rappel, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Indigenous Community Encounters, Wildlife Seeking
Andes and Amazon Ecuador Tours
Experience the natural wonders and culture of the Andes Mountains and Amazon Jungles of Ecuador. This active multisport journey explores the best of more than 5 different ecosystems. Mountain bike through cloud forests, navigate the rivers of the rainforest, sooth in natural hot springs, learn from ancient cultures and much more. Top-notch guides accompany you on an unforgettable journey whitewater rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding, and trekking through one of the world’s most diverse countries.
- Explore an Andean hacienda on horseback, chagra style!
- Mountain bike on the slopes of the world´s highest active volcano.
- Visit an Amazon indigenous community and participate in cultural activities.
- Exhilarating Amazon jungle rafting on the best one-day river run (class III+).
- Relax in the rejuvenating natural hot springs.
- Learn the ancient meaning of the equator.
- Learn the secrets of textile weaving.
- Hike around the Cuicocha Crater and Lake.
- Top-notch bilingual adventure guides lead every step of your journey.
- Accommodations in quality hotels, historic haciendas, and eco lodges.
DAY 1: HORSEBACK RIDING IN COTOPAXI NATIONAL PARK
DAY 2: HIKE & KAYAK IN THE QUILOTOA CRATER LAKE
DAY 3: MOUNTAIN BIKING & EXPLORE BAÑOS
DAY 4: CANOEING AMAZON & VISITING ANIMAL RESCUE CENTER
DAY 5: WATERFALL RAPPEL & VISIT INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY
DAY 6: JUNGLE RAFTING ON THE JATUNYACU RIVER
DAY 7: PAPALLACTA HOT SPRINGS / QUITO
INCLUDED: Accommodations in first class and tourist superior hotels; private land transportation; all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily); all adventure and protective equipment (including front-suspended Deore mountain bikes, rafting equipment, gloves, helmets, water bottles, and dry bags); and professional English-speaking guide.
NOT INCLUDED: National Park entrance fees; hotel & restaurant beverages, tips.
TRAVEL TIME: 1 to 5 hours per day
SEASON: All year
ALTITUDE: 1,500 to 15,500 feet (500 to 4,800 meters)
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE – ANDES: DAY 46-75ºF / 8-24ºC, NIGHT 41-53ºF / 5-12ºC
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE – CLOUDFOREST: DAY 60-86ºF/16-30ºC, NIGHT 60-68ºF/16-20ºC
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE – AMAZON: DAY 68-95ºF / 20-35ºC, NIGHT 64-71ºF / 18-22ºC
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO PACK: Sun block, bathing suit, and repellent.