Combined Tours the Andes to the Jungle, Ecuador
Activities: Mountain Biking, Kayak, Rappel, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Indigenous Community Encounters, Wildlife Seeking
Andes and Amazon Ecuador Tours
Experience the natural wonders and culture of the Andes Mountains and Amazon Jungles of Ecuador. This active multisport journey explores the best of more than 5 different ecosystems. Mountain bike through cloud forests, navigate the rivers of the rainforest, sooth in natural hot springs, learn from ancient cultures and much more. Top-notch guides accompany you on an unforgettable journey whitewater rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding, and trekking through one of the world’s most diverse countries.
- Explore an Andean hacienda on horseback, chagra style!
- Mountain bike on the slopes of the world´s highest active volcano.
- Visit an Amazon indigenous community and participate in cultural activities.
- Exhilarating Amazon jungle rafting on the best one-day river run (class III+).
- Relax in the rejuvenating natural hot springs.
- Learn the ancient meaning of the equator.
- Learn the secrets of textile weaving.
- Hike around the Cuicocha Crater and Lake.
- Top-notch bilingual adventure guides lead every step of your journey.
- Accommodations in quality hotels, historic haciendas, and eco lodges.
DAY 1: Departure from Quito – Volcanoes Route - HORSEBACK RIDING IN COTOPAXI ACTIVE VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK - Community Lunch - Transfer to Quilotoa Crater Lake – Dinner – Lodging in Quilotoa
DAY 2: Breakfast – Treking & Kayak inside Quilotoa Crater Lake – lunch – Visit the Handicrafts and paintings of Tigua – Transfer to Riobamba – Panoramic View Chimborazo Volcano – Free Dinner – Lodging in Alausí
DAY 3: Breakfast - Train "Nariz del Diablo" (Does not include tkt - Lunch) - Transfer to Tungurahua - Photography on the Swing of the End - Arrival at the Baños de Agua Santa city - "Dinner Free" - City by Night - Lodging
DAY 4: Breakfast - Waterfalls Route to the Amazon on Bikes – Cable Car “Manto de la Novia” Waterfall - Walk to the Waterfall "Pailón del Diablo” - Lunch - Transfer to Puerto Misahualli on Napo Province, Amazon Region Ecuador- Dinner - Accommodation in Suchipakari Jungle Lodge .
DAY 5: Breakfast– Rappeling or Trekking Waterfall, natural swimming pool & refresh moment on the river - Box Lunch – Visit Quichua Communities, Traditional Music, Dances, Crafts Shopping – Indian Rituals – Dinner & Lodging
DAY 6: Breakfast– Motorized Canoe on Napo River – Landscapes & Wildlife – Animal Rescue Center AmaZOOnico – Lunch – Dinner & Lodging
DAY 7: Breakfast – Chocolate Tour - Return to Quito - On the way you can visit Papallacta Hot Springs ($8.50 usd)
- Accommodations in first class and tourist superior hotels
- Private land transportation
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily)
- All adventure and protective equipment (including front-suspended Deore mountain bikes, rafting equipment, gloves, helmets, water bottles, and dry bags)
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Dinner Baños & Alausi City
- Entrance Papallacta Hot Springs ($8,50 usd)
TRAVEL TIME: 1 to 5 hours per day
SEASON: All year
ALTITUDE: 1,500 to 15,500 feet (500 to 4,800 meters)
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE – ANDES: DAY 46-75ºF / 8-24ºC, NIGHT 41-53ºF / 5-12ºC
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE – CLOUDFOREST: DAY 60-86ºF/16-30ºC, NIGHT 60-68ºF/16-20ºC
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE – AMAZON: DAY 68-95ºF / 20-35ºC, NIGHT 64-71ºF / 18-22ºC
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO PACK: Sun block, bathing suit, and repellent.